Subject: [OBI] Online Book Initiative Mailing List
From: [email-masked] (Thomas Dell)
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1993 23:33:53 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.etext

[These were Gopher'd from the OBI's current system, 
The World Public Access Unix <world.std.com>, so they don't 
have headers or dates. The OBI collection is available 
by FTP from that system in /obi.]

		The Online Book Initiative Mailing List

The Online Book Initiative is being formed to make available freely
redistributable collections of information. There exists huge
collections of books, conference proceedings, reference material,
catalogues, etc. which can be freely shared. Some of it is in
machine-readable form, much of it isn't.

The purpose of the Online Book Initiative is to create a publicly
accessible repository for this information, a net-worker's library.

(A more complete description and original announcement
 is available under the subtopic 'help obi' purpose.)

To bring people together in this effort two mailing lists have been
formed:

	[email-masked]			General discussion
	[email-masked]		Announcements-only

To be added to either mailing list send to:

	[email-masked]

and specify which list you would like to be on (announce or
discussion.) If you don't specify I will put you on the discussion
list (all announcements will appear on the discussion list, you don't
need to be on both.)